Enabling older and disabled people to stay in their own homes

Complaints procedure

Care and Repair staff do all they can to ensure you receive a good service from them. However, very occasionally, things may go wrong and as a result you may be dissatisfied.

We would expect the local Care and Repair staff to try and resolve the problems at an early stage, so it is important to let them know as soon as possible if you have any concerns about the service you are receiving.

Who should I complain to?

If you have a complaint, you should first contact the person you have been dealing with or, if you do not want to do that, contact the manager directly.

Each Care and Repair area will have a formal complaints procedure that the manager will be happy to explain to you.

What should I do if my complaint has not been resolved?

Care and Repair Scotland does not have a management or regulatory role and therefore cannot directly investigate complaints made about the progress or outcome of your casework.

We can however provide you with advice about how to make your complaint and we will seek to assist you in bringing your complaint to a satisfactory and speedy conclusion where possible.

If you are unsatisfied by the outcome of your complaint, you may be able to refer it to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is the final stage of appeal for complaints about public services in Scotland.  Complaints will normally only be considered after they have been through the formal process of the organisation concerned.

Further information about the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman can be found here:






Scottish Charity Number SCO31022, Company Number: 214681

Terms and Conditions