Brief summary details for the jobs are as follows:
- Care And Repair Officer (Major Adaptations) Permanent, full time 35hrs – Oban, Lorne, Mull, Tiree and Coll. URGENT, required to start as soon as possible. Usual CRO activities, i.e., Working from home, based in the locality, the officer will be assisting our clients through the council disabled grants process, providing a complete admin support and drawing service in addition to dealing with suppliers, contractors and CDM responsibilities, planning and building control and the tender process on behalf of the client. The Officer will also assist clients with projects that they do not wish to use council grant assistance for, or do not qualify for, to find other sources of finance (charitable) and provide technical and financial advice and guidance and sign posting to other services if appropriate. Will require sound knowledge of housing and building works, technical drawing skills preferred, comfortable using I.T, Email, Microsoft Office such as Word and Excel to provide reports, Excellent communicator and ability to focus and prioritise workload. Empathetic to our elderly and disabled client group. Current Clean UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle. PVG check will be carried out prior to starting. Must follow company Covid client visit protocols and procedures including pre-visit checks, PPE robing and disrobing, sanitising, social distancing, etc. Salary £32K - £36K per annum depending on skills and experience.
- Temporary part-time Housing Support Officer (3 days, 21hrs) – Helensburgh and Lomond. Urgent required as soon as possible. Working from home. May be involved in some or all of the following:
- Installing and maintaining Telecare units and associated sensors and devices;
- installing OT minor aids and adaptations such as grab rails and banisters, toileting and bathing equipment, bed and chair raisers, etc;
- installing safety and security aids and alarms such as keysafes, lighting, thresholds, locks; installing smoke, heat, flood, carbon monoxide and fire alarms;
- carrying out chargeable private small repairs (handyperson service) i.e., small electrical, plumbing and joinery jobs.
Time-served tradesperson, preferably joinery, or proven good all round trade skills and experience. Visiting multiple client’s homes daily to carry out health and social care referrals. Must be skilled in using small hand and power tools in addition to being comfortable using laptop, email and mobile phones to assist day to day working. Empathetic to our elderly and disabled client group. Excellent communicator especially with good listening skills. Must be organised and able to prioritise busy workloads. Must have a clean current UK driving licence. Company work van and tools will be provided. PVG check will be carried out prior to starting. Must follow company Covid client visit protocols and procedures including pre-visit checks, PPE robing and disrobing, sanitising, social distancing, etc. Depending on outcomes and funding we hope this may become a permanent full time post but unfortunately we can in no way guarantee this at present.
£24,500 - £27,500 per annum for full time 35 hrs (salary will be pro rated to 21 hrs for this role).
- Project Officer (HEEPS: Equity Loan) Fixed Term – Covering Argyll and Bute Region. Full time, 35hrs a week till end of the financial year (March 2022). To help deliver the Scottish Government pilot scheme in Argyll and Bute. Visiting clients in their homes to provide information on the loan process and the providing support, advice and assistance throughout the project if the clients decide to proceed. This will include providing documentation and admin support, liaison with Energy Saving Trust, solicitors and other relevant bodies, including contractors.
Knowledge of housing and building works and/or trade skills, etc will be required in addition to good I.T (Email, Word, spreadsheets), admin and excellent communication skills. Must follow company Covid client visit protocols and procedures including pre-visit checks, PPE robing and disrobing, sanitising, social distancing, etc. Salary negotiable depending on qualifications, skills and relevant experience.
In all cases if interested parties could email their CV’s for the attention of Steve Clarkson, Manager, to firstname.lastname@example.org that would be appreciated. However, if anyone would like to email Steve or call him directly to discuss any of the above roles then that is also ok. Mobile is 07786 175017 or email@example.com